Strawberry Cake Recipe Ingredients
- 1 box Butter Lovers Chocolate Cake Mix
- 4 eggs
- 2 sticks (1 cup) of butter, softened
- 3/4 cup mashed strawberries
- 1 3oz box strawberry jello
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 8 oz pkg cream cheese
- 1 stick butter (1/4 lb)
- 1 1/2 lbs powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tbsp. milk (for moistening)
- 1 cup sliced strawberries (for layering and decoration)
Mix cake ingredients with mixer until creamy. Pour into 2 9 inch round greased and floured cake pans.
Bake at 350°F for 20 - 25 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean. Let cool.
Mix Icing ingredients in a Mixer or with a hand mixer til well blended and creamy.
Build the cake as follows: Cut each round in half lengthwise. Spread some of the icing. Top with strawberry peices. Top with next layer of cake. Repeat until last piece of cake. Then spread all of the cake with the icing and decorate the cake with more strawberries.