STRAWBERRY TUNNEL CREAM CAKE ...try this delicious strawberry cake recipe...nice !
- 1 (10-inch) prepared round angel food cake
- 2 (3 oz.) pkgs. cream cheese, softened
- 1 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand sweetened condensed milk
- 1/3 c. ReaLemon lemon juice
- 1 tsp. almond extract
- 2 to 4 drops red food coloring (optional)
- 1 c. chopped fresh strawberries or (16 oz.) pkg. frozen strawberries, thawed and well drained
- 1 (12 oz.) container Cool Whip, thawed
- Additional fresh strawberries (optional)
Invert cake into serving plate. Cut 1-inch slice crosswise from top of cake; set aside. With sharp knife, cut around cake 1 inch from center hole and 1 inch from outer edge, leaving cake walls 1-inch thick. Remove cake from center leaving 1-inch thick base on bottom of cake. Tear cake
removed from center into bite sized pieces; reserved. In large mixer bowl, beat cheese until fluffy. Gradually beat in sweetened condensed milk until smooth. Stir in ReaLemon, extract and food coloring if desired.
Stir in reserved torn cake pieces and chopped strawberries.
Fold in 1 cup whipped topping. Fill cake cavity with strawberry mixture; replace top slice of cake; frost with remaining whipped topping. Chill 3 hours or freezer for 4 hours. Garnish with strawberries if desired. Return leftovers to refrigerator or freezer. The strawberry cake recipe is ready to serve....enjoy !